Healthy Community Coalition to Provide Breast Health Outreach
October 2, 2013
As part of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, Healthy Community Coalition (HCC) is offering five breast cancer awareness events throughout Franklin County through the generosity of funding from the Avon Breast Health Outreach Program.
In conjunction with area providers and the Martha B. Webber Breast Center staff, HCC staff is promoting breast cancer awareness through education and resources, clinical breast exams, and assistance in scheduling mammograms and obtaining financial coverage of services. Additional services being offered include: flu shots and cholesterol and blood pressure screenings, and nutrition, physical activity and tobacco education. Gifts are being offered for those who attend.
Event times and locations:
- Thursday, October 3: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Farmington Save-a-Lot
- Friday, October 11: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Rangeley IGA
- Monday, October 14: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Farmington Save-a-Lot
- Friday, October 18: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Edmunds Market
- Friday, October 25: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Eustis Town Office
For additional information contact Janis Walker, program manager, at Healthy Community Coalition at 779-2750
Subscribe to our RSS news feed