The Annual Appeal brings in donations that help support existing programs and people. Without generous contributions from the community, many of the programs the community has come to count on would not be possible. Donations to the Annual Appeal can be directed to your choice of ten funds:
- Unrestricted -– This fund allows Franklin Community Health Network the flexibility to direct your donation to its areas of greatest need.
- Martha B. Webber Breast Care Center -- This fund allows us to better serve women and men who may have cancer by providing screening, diagnostics, and treatment through the Martha B. Webber Breast Care Center at the new Franklin Health Medical Arts Center.
- Community Health -- This fund supports the work of the Healthy Community Coalition, whose Mobile Health Unit welcomes over 5,000 residents each year, offering screening and prevention activities, and whose health advocates and task forces work at the grass-roots level to promote community health.
- Care for the Financially Disadvantaged -- This fund supports programs to help people who are financially disadvantaged, including the Contract for Care and the Franklin Health Access Project. Since its inception just a few years ago, the Access Project has served over 2,500 area residents who lack health insurance and the funds to pay for health care.
- Education -- This fund supports the work of the Hospital’s Ben Franklin Center for health education and the area’s only medical library. The Center provides the region’s healthcare workforce up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest medical advances, and area residents who want to become nurses can now do classroom and clinical work toward the RN degree right at Franklin Memorial Hospital.
- Equipment -- This fund will allow Franklin Memorial Hospital to upgrade equipment in the surgical suite and other areas in the coming year. This fund also helps upgrade equipment at Hospital-sponsored physician practices.
- Behavioral Health -- This fund helps support programs and special projects through Evergreen Behavioral Services, which offers adults and children with emotional and behavioral issues a supportive environment for counseling and treatment.
- Medical Library Endowment Fund -- This new endowment fund will support the Ben Franklin Center Library by helping provide library services and materials for Franklin Community Health Network personnel and the community. The fund was started by the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Williamson Lodge No. 20 and Livermore Falls Lodge No. 83.
- Franklin Health Medical Arts Center Fund -- This new facility houses the most up-to-date technology; provides easier access to outpatient specialty care and diagnostic services such as radiology and lab; enhances community outreach and mental health services; and attracts and retains the best doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers.
- Evergreen Child Development Center Fund -- The new Evergreen Child Development Center, serves children with developmental disorders and their families.
Franklin Community Health Network
Fund Development Office
111 Franklin Health Commons
Farmington, Maine 04938