NorthStar Applicant Info
Thank you for your interest in NorthStar. If you are considering working for NorthStar as part of our full-time, part-time or PRN (per diem) staff, please consider the following:
- For any of our EMT positions, you must have a valid, current Maine EMT license at the level posted. For a driver position, the EMT license is not required
- For Paramedic positions, you must, in addition to a Maine EMT-P or NREMT-P license, also have PIFT certificate. ACLS and PALS certificate strongly desirable (and, in some cases, required.)
- You must have a current CPR card.
- You must have completed and passed a Ambulance Vehicle Operator’s Course (AVOC). This may be waived subject to passing this course within the first 6 months of hire.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- You must satisfactorily complete all required pre-employment screens (which include a physical exam and certain agility/strength tests).
For those not currently an EMT but interested in becoming an EMT, we suggest that you contact TriCounty EMS at (207) 795-2880. Joanne and the staff at that office can give you information on how to apply for Basic courses, provide schedules and applications for courses, and all the requirements for becoming a part of the Emergency Medical Technician family.