NorthStar Applicant Info
Thank you for your interest in NorthStar. If you are considering working for NorthStar as part of our full-time, part-time or PRN (per diem) staff, please consider the following:
- For any of our EMT positions, you must have a valid, current Maine EMT license at the level posted. For a driver position, the EMT license is not required
- For Paramedic positions, you must, in addition to a Maine EMT-P or NREMT-P license, also have PIFT certificate. ACLS and PALS certificate strongly desirable (and, in some cases, required.)
- You must have a current CPR card.
- You must have completed and passed a Ambulance Vehicle Operator’s Course (AVOC). This may be waived subject to passing this course within the first 6 months of hire.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- You must satisfactorily complete all required pre-employment screens (which include a physical exam and certain agility/strength tests).
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package for our employees who work 48 hours or more per pay period.
Payroll out of pocket costs vary based on hours scheduled. Some restrictions, limitations, length of service, and other terms may apply.
For those not currently an EMT but interested in becoming an EMT, we suggest that you contact TriCounty EMS at (207) 795-2880. Joanne and the staff at that office can give you information on how to apply for Basic courses, provide schedules and applications for courses, and all the requirements for becoming a part of the Emergency Medical Technician family.