Healthy Community Coalition will be Providing Outreach at the Fair
Health services and information provided every day
September 16, 2011
The Healthy Community Coalition (HCC) of Greater Franklin County is pleased to announce that staff will be providing outreach services at the Farmington Fair from September 18–24. Look for the mobile health unit, which will be at its usual location near the High Street entrance
between Home Cooking and the pie booth.
Hours will be 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Sunday–Friday, and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Offered daily are blood pressure checks, health education, assistance finding a physician, and information about the many other services that Healthy Community Coalition and Franklin Community Health Network provide in the region.
Tickets for Fabulous Fall Finale and Fashion Show featuring Birdie Googins (the Marden’s Lady) and the Great Golf Ball Drop taking place in Rangeley on October 22 and 23 will also be available for sale.
Free and featured services offered throughout the week include:
• Sunday: ScoreHealth screening that includes blood pressure and cholesterol check;
• Monday: healthy eating information and healthy salad samples;
• Tuesday: bone density screenings and falls prevention information;
• Wednesday: interactive games for youth, information on substance abuse prevention, lead poisoning, hiking, and GIS mapping;
• Thursday: falls prevention and colorectal cancer information;
• Friday: bone density screening, clinical breast exams, and scheduling and help with financial assistance for mammograms; and
• Saturday: information about hiking and GIS mapping.
For additional information, contact the HCC at 779-3136.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed