Healthy Community Coalition will be providing Health Outreach at the Fair
Health services and information provided every day
September 13, 2010
The Healthy Community Coalition is pleased to announce that its Mobile Health Unit and staff will be providing outreach services at the Farmington Fair from September 19–25. The unit will be at its usual location, near the High Street entrance across from public parking. Hours will be 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Offered daily are blood pressure checks and a wide variety of health education, as well as information about the many other services that Healthy Community Coalition, Franklin Community Health Network, and other organizations provide in the region.
Free services and health themes offered throughout the week in addition to blood pressure screenings include:
• Sunday: Mapping trails and physical activity resources;
• Monday: Healthy eating information, recipes, and cooking demonstrations;
• Tuesday: Women’s health information, bone density and cancer screenings;
• Wednesday: Game day and substance abuse prevention;
• Thursday: Women’s health information, bone density and cancer screenings;
• Friday: Healthy eating information, recipes, and cooking demonstrations; and
• Saturday: Physical activity resources and healthy eating information.
The above schedule is subject to change. For the latest updates, contact Nate Morse, program coordinator, at 779-2931 or visit the Web site at www.fchn.org/hcc.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed