Healthy Community Coalition Providing Health Outreach at Fair
Health services and information provided every day
September 11, 2012
The Healthy Community Coalition (HCC) of Greater Franklin County is pleased to announce that staff will be providing outreach services at the Farmington Fair from September 16–22. Look for the mobile health unit, which will be at its usual location near the grandstand.
HCC staff will be at the fair from 11 a m. to 4 p.m. each day offering blood pressure checks, health information, and referrals to other services that HCC, Franklin Community Health Network, and community organizations provide in the region.
Additional free services and health-related themes offered throughout the week include:
- Sunday: Heart Health and cancer prevention education.
- Monday: Physical activity education, cholesterol and blood pressure screenings, and flu shots.
- Tuesday: Special guest , Dr. Das-Wattley, a foot and ankle specialist will be offering information, discussion of foot problems, education about diabetic foot care, and foot screenings. We will also be offering assistance with signing up for free mammograms, cancer prevention education, and bone density screenings.
- Wednesday: Substance abuse and cancer prevention education.
- Thursday: Nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation education and flu shots.
- Friday: Substance abuse education
- Saturday: Physical activity, cancer prevention, and nutrition education.
For more information contact Christine Bruen, HCC program associate, at 779-2927, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our RSS news feed