Healthy Community Coalition Mobile Health Unit Events
May schedule announced
April 28, 2014
Healthy Community Coalition of Greater Franklin County announces its May schedule for Mobile Health Unit outreach events. Services offered include body composition analysis; blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose checks; cancer prevention, nutrition, physical activity and tobacco information; and information and assistance enrolling in the Maine Breast and Cervical Health Program, the Affordable Healthcare Act Health Insurance Marketplace, and other health assistance programs.
HCC’s trained staff can assist individuals through one-on-one health counseling to make steps toward improving their health.
Body composition analysis is an excellent tracking tool for weight loss, and fitness and nutrition programs. The analyzer can track various components such as changes in muscle and fat tissue, and physical fitness improvements.
The Mobile Health Unit will be offering health screenings at the following location and times:
- Robin’s Flower Pot in Farmington, Saturday, May 3 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Food City in Livermore Falls, Monday, May 5 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- IGA in Rangeley, Wednesday, May 7 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Fotter’s Market in Stratton, Thursday, May 8 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Tranten’s Market in Kingfield, Thursday, May 8 from 1-3 p.m.
- Edmund’s Market in Phillips, Monday, May 12 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- White Elephant in Strong, Monday, May 12 from 1-3 p.m.
- Farmington Save-A-Lot, Tuesday, May 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- East Dixfield Fire Department, Saturday, May 31 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- All services are provided free. Donations are accepted.
For more information please contact Janis Walker at 779-2750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed