Health Careers Scholarship Awards Announced
May 22, 2009The Franklin Memorial Hospital (FMH) Auxiliary Scholarship Committee has announced the six recipients of the West Central Maine Health Careers Scholarship Program. The scholarships are presented to students residing in the Franklin Memorial Hospital service area who are pursuing careers in the health care field.
Each of the following will be awarded a $500 scholarship from the Auxiliary upon successful completion of their first semester. They include:
- Desiree Abbott of Strong who will attend Central Maine Community College for radiology
- Katelyn Buck of Salem who will attend Central Maine Community College for radiology
- Sierra Loon of Jay who will attend the University of Maine at Farmington for rehab services
- Bryndi Richards of Jay who will attend Husson University for nursing
- Sara Tracy of Industry who attends Husson University for physical therapy
- Kristin Trask of West Farmington will attend Husson University for nursing
"There are many considerations involved in the selection process," said Emily Floyd, Chair of the FMH Auxiliary Scholarship Committee. "These students are to be congratulated and have our best wishes for a successful career."
Subscribe to our RSS news feed