Franklin Memorial Hospital to Host Conference
Management of Patients with Acute and Chronic Pain While Preventing Diversion
November 16, 2009
Health care clinicians should register soon for the Management of Patients with Acute and Chronic Pain While Preventing Diversion conference taking place on Friday, November 20, from 12-5 p.m. in the Ben Franklin Center at Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington.
The conference will provided an overview of the illicit drug problem in the area and enlist support and cooperation among the medical community. Physicians who present will share “best practices” in the area of pain control, addiction treatment, and prevention.
Featured will be the following:
• The problem of prescription drug diversion with DEA agent
• The prescription monitoring program with Daniel Eccher, Office of Substance Abuse
• Fundamentals of physiatry and electro-diagnostic medicine with Douglas Pavlak, MD
• Overview of other PM&R modalities of treatment with Gene Guinti, DO
• Medical legal implications by Gordon Smith, Esq.
• Interventional pain procedures by John Guernelli, MD
The program is free, made possible from a grant by the Office of Substance Abuse, and includes lunch, continuing education credits, and refreshments.
For additional information or to RSVP, contact Karen Rogers, education director at 779-2575 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed