Community Indoor Walking Schedule Released
Schools and centers in Greater Franklin County open their doors to walkers
November 16, 2010
In an effort to promote physical activity during the long Maine winter, the Healthy Community Coalition has released its 2009-2010 Indoor Walking Schedule. Ten area schools and three community centers throughout Greater Franklin County are available to the public for indoor walking.
Those who would like to use area indoor walking spaces are asked to change into sneakers or other clean shoes once inside in order to keep the floors clean and safe for walking.
The locations and time availability for walking are as follows (excluding school vacations and storm days):
• Livermore Falls High School Gym, 897-3428, Monday-Friday, 6:30-7:15 a.m.
• Jay High School Gym, 897-4336, Monday-Friday, 6-7:30 a.m. (Call in advance)
• UMF Fitness & Recreation Center, 778-7495, first Saturday of the month, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Farmington Community Center, 778-3464, Monday-Friday, 9-10 a.m.
• Mt. Blue High School, Farmington, 778-4307, Monday-Friday, 6-7 a.m.
• Mt. Blue Middle School, Farmington, 778-3735, Monday-Friday, 6-7 a.m.
• Cape Cod Hill School Gym, New Sharon, 778-3031, Monday-Friday, 7:10-8 a.m.
• Academy Hill School Gym, Wilton, 645-4488, Monday-Friday, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
• Strong School Gym, 684-3521, Monday-Friday, 5:30-6:30 a.m. and 7:30-9 p.m. (except when school dance or game is taking place)
• Phillips Middle School Gym, Monday-Friday 6-7 a.m. and 6-7 p.m. some days (Call for availability: 639-2909)
• Mt. Abram High School Gym, Monday-Friday, 7-8 a.m. (Call for availability: 678-2701) Check in at office.
• Anti-Gravity Complex, Carrabassett Valley, 237-5566, Monday-Friday, 6-9:30 a.m.
• Stratton School Gym, 246-2283, Monday-Friday, 6:15-7:15 a.m.
For more walking site times, call the telephone number provided for each site. For other information, contact the Healthy Community Coalition at 1-800-525-3136. For outdoor walking opportunities visit www.healthymainewalks.org.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed