Coalition Releases Public Flu Shot Schedule
Before coming to a clinic it is recommended that you contact your primary care doctor
October 7, 2010
Public flu shots will soon be available to individuals 18 years old and older from the Healthy Community Coalition. Starting November 2, Healthy Community Coalition staff will be available to administer the influenza vaccine (seasonal flu shot) at sites throughout our community.
The schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday 11/2 at the Carthage Town Office from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Wednesday 11/3 at the Eustis Town Office from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday 11/9 at Webster Hall in Kingfield from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Thursday, 11/11 on the Mobile Health Unit in the lower front parking lot at Franklin Memorial Hospital from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Friday 11/12 in Phillips at Camden National Bank from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Monday 11/15 in Livermore at Pikes Corner Oasis from 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
• Wednesday 11/17 at the Rangeley Library, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Thursday 11/18 in Livermore Falls at Food City from 11 a.m. to 1pm
• Friday 11/19 at the Carrabassett Valley Town Office from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Saturday 11/20 in Salem at the Economic Ministry from 10 a.m. to noon
• Tuesday 11/30 in New Sharon at Imelda’s Fabric & Design from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Click here for printable schedule.
It is recommended that you first contact your primary care provider to receive your flu shot from them. Most insurance companies cover the cost of receiving the shot in your primary care provider’s office. While there ask about the need for a pneumonia vaccination, which could be provided by your doctor’s office and not offered by Healthy Community Coalition.
Due to the cost of the vaccine, there is a suggested donation of $20 at Healthy Community Coalition clinics (or by donating what you can afford). Insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid cannot be accepted. The Healthy Community Coalition purchases all vaccine used for the public clinics and appreciates donations to help cover costs.
For more information, contact the Healthy Community Coalition at 779-3136 or 1-800-525-3136.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed