Coalition Releases Flu Shot Schedule
October 13, 2009Seasonal flu shots will soon be available to individuals 18 years old and older from the Healthy Community Coalition. Starting October 28, Healthy Community Coalition staff will be available to administer the influenza vaccine (seasonal flu shot) at sites throughout our community.
- Wednesday, October 28-New Sharon at Imelda’s Fabric & Designs, 12-2 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29-New Vineyard at My Wife’s Place, 9-11 a.m. and Salem at the Economic Ministry, 12-2 p.m.
- Monday, November 2-Eustis Town Office, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Thursday, November 5-Vienna Post Office, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Friday, November 6-Jay at Spruce Mountain Pharmacy, 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, November 9-Weld Town Office, 9-11 a.m. and Strong at White Elephant 12-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 10-Rangeley Library 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Monday, November 16-Livermore at Bretton’s Variety, 9-11 a.m. and Livermore Falls at FMH Outpatient Services, 12-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18-Kingfield at Webster Hall, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 25-Phillips at Shadagee Apartments, 12-2 p.m.
- Friday, December 18-Wilton at Key Bank, 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, December 21-Carrabassett Valley at Sugarloaf Comp Center, 10 a.m.-12.
Seasonal influenza is a highly infectious disease of the lungs that can lead to pneumonia. The best time to be vaccinated against influenza is October thru December, although vaccination after December will still be beneficial.
Due to the cost of the vaccine, there is a suggested donation of $20 at Healthy Community Coalition clinics (or by donating what you can afford). Insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid cannot be accepted. The Healthy Community Coalition purchases all vaccine used for the mobile health unit clinics and appreciates donations to help cover costs.
Franklin Community Health Network is also reminding residents to call its flu hotline for updates about flu prevention, local seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccine availability, and public flu shot clinics. The hotline number is 779-3147. Information is also available online at www.fchn.org/news/flu-updates.
For more information, contact the Healthy Community Coalition at 779-3136 or 1-800-525-3136.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed