Coalition Hosts Breast Cancer Awareness Special Events
Events start October 22 and run through November 22
October 20, 2011
The Healthy Community Coalition of Greater Franklin County is hosting multiple breast cancer awareness special events throughout the region beginning Saturday, October 22.
According to Jennifer McCormack, RN, services available will be breast health education, mammogram scheduling assistance, how to get a free mammogram, flu shots, and blood pressure screenings.
The schedule is as follows:
• Rangeley, Main St., 10/22, noon–-3 p.m.
• Farmington Wal-Mart, 10/25, noon–-4 p.m.
• Jay, Ski Depot, 10/26, noon–4 p.m.
• Jay, Hannaford, 10/27, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
• Rangeley, Public Library, 10/28, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Farmington, Hannaford, 10/29, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Phillips, Camden National Bank, 11/3, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Salem, Economic Ministry, 11/18, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Stratton, Town Office, 11/22, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Flu shots will not be offered at Hannaford or Walmart locations by HCC staff. The suggested donation for flu shots is $20 or donating what you can afford. Insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid cannot be accepted.
Women who sign up for a free mammogram will receive a free gift while supplies last.
Women without insurance who do not meet the income guidelines for the Maine Breast and Cervical Health Program may qualify for a free mammogram through funding available from the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
For additional information, call Jennifer McCormack, RN at the Healthy Community Coalition at 779-2926 or 1-800-525-3136 ext. 2926.
Subscribe to our RSS news feed