Peace in Our Families
Peace in Our Families Families is a community-wide in Franklin County to end domestic violence. It is supported by a broad spectrum of local agencies and community members under the leadership of Healthy Community Coalition.
Peace in Our Families goals are to:
- Reduce the incidence and severity of domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of interpersonal violence. (Interpersonal violence includes verbal, physical, emotional, sexual or animal abuse.)
- To change cultural beliefs and behaviors about violence in all its forms and its impact on the individuals in the community.
- Mobilize all current and potential resources promoting healthy relationships.
Greater Franklin County
Domestic Violence Audit and Action Steps
Peace in Our Families Report (January 2006) (PDF)
Program Strategies to accomplish our goals include:
- Improve collaboration among stakeholders through Peace in Our Families.
- Educate the public about ways to find safety.
- Implement a safety audit to assess and improve women’s survival of domestic violence.
- Mobilize resources.
- Promote activities to develop a violence-free culture.
- Research other modules, programs and best practices to address violence.
This website will provide relevant information to the community, as it becomes available. Check it often to see what’s happening.