Peace in Our Families
Peace in Our Families Families is a community-wide in Franklin County to end domestic violence. It is supported by a broad spectrum of local agencies and community members under the leadership of Healthy Community Coalition.
Peace in Our Families goals are to:
- Reduce the incidence and severity of domestic violence, sexual assault and other forms of interpersonal violence. (Interpersonal violence includes verbal, physical, emotional, sexual or animal abuse.)
- To change cultural beliefs and behaviors about violence in all its forms and its impact on the individuals in the community.
- Mobilize all current and potential resources promoting healthy relationships.
Greater Franklin County
Domestic Violence Audit and Action Steps
Program Strategies to accomplish our goals include:
- Improve collaboration among stakeholders through Peace in Our Families.
- Educate the public about ways to find safety.
- Implement a safety audit to assess and improve women’s survival of domestic violence.
- Mobilize resources.
- Promote activities to develop a violence-free culture.
- Research other modules, programs and best practices to address violence.
This website will provide relevant information to the community, as it becomes available. Check it often to see what’s happening.