Community Health Visioning
We want to hear from you! What is your vision for a healthy community?
Healthy Community Coalition, in collaboration with health leaders from throughout Greater Franklin County, sponsors a Community Health Visioning process. The purpose is to determine our community health priorities. This unique process engages residents and leaders alike in conversation about issues impacting health as well as the resources available to address concerns and opportunities.
The Visioning process is a comprehensive one. We listen carefully to what the community is saying. As part of the process we:
- Strategically conduct surveys at various venues throughout the region - from the Farmington Fair to the Rangeley Black Fly Festival.
- Conduct outreach and education in all corners of Greater Franklin County on Healthy Community Coalition's Mobile Health Unit - listening to community stories at every opportunity.
- Work closely with community partners extending our reach to worksites and diverse populations.
- Conduct Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) phone surveys to Greater Franklin County residents.
- Review reports and assessments conducted by community organizations to take advantage of good work that has already been done in the region.
- Analyze data from multiple sources, including state, national and local databases.
Past Visionings have significantly strengthened the community. Results include greatly improved transportation services, expanded mental health services, more doctors, expanded dental health services, and more health education.
The last Visioning process culminated with a forum in May 2010. Visioning findings were reviewed and the community planned for action. Past forum materials can be accessed below:
|Community Health Visioning
50 Stories in 50 Days
The Report (PDF)
Greater Franklin County