111 Franklin Health Commons
We have a department philosophy to:
- Provide medical imaging services as accurately, safely and promptly as possible.
- Always be aware of radiation protection and minimization of patient exposure through utilization of appropriate image size, collimation and technical expertise.
- Maintain open lines of communication between patients, family, physicians, employees and the general public to promote the well-being of the public we serve.
- Treat all individuals with respect, dignity and kindness at all times.
Franklin Orthopedics - Offers a variety of orthopedic exams. They currently use the GE Definium digital radiography system which installed in the summer of 2008.
Franklin Memorial Hospital Outpatient Services in Livermore Falls - Offers radiology and mammography services.
Rangeley Regional Health Care - Offers radiology services every Tuesday.
Medical imaging is the specialty that involves the noninvasive production of images of the inside of the human body. These images are used to diagnose and treat diseases. Radiology, which makes up a large part of medical imaging, involves the use of x-rays to obtain visual information. Medical imaging also includes other techniques, such as MRI and Ultrasound, which do not use radiation. Read more about our technology.
Franklin Memorial Hospital offers the following medical imaging modalities:
- CAT (Computerized Axial Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- DEXA (Bone Density)
- Nuclear Medicine