Travel Medicine Clinic
Travel outside the US may expose you to health risks. Take advantage of a medical consultation with an expert who can help you to travel safely and return home healthy. You will receive vaccines, medications and a set of detailed recommendations tailored specifically to your destination and planned activities.
- Yellow fever vaccine and international certificate as needed
- Rabies vaccine as needed
- Boosters of common vaccines as needed (tetanus, measles, polio, etc.)
- Other vaccines as needed, such as meningitis and Japanese Encephalitis
- Medications to prevent or treat travelers diarrhea
- Prophylaxis against malaria infection
- Advice regarding environmental hazards, such as high altitude, diving, and unsafe drinking water.
- Medical evaluation as needed
- Testing and treatment for parasites and other infections acquired while traveling
- Referral as needed for specialty care
For appointments call 779-2367.
Michael Rowland, MD, MPHDr. Rowland has 30 years of medical experience including travel and work around the globe, and has provided care to immigrant workers from outside the US since 1987.
* Masters in Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health
* Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Gorgas Institute, Lima Peru
* Member, International Society of Travel Medicine Learn more...