Preparation for Childbirth
Childbirth Education Classes
Description of Class
Gain the knowledge and confidence you and your partner/support person need to have the birth experience you desire. This class is suitable for all first time parents as well as a refresher course. Come and prepare for your birth in a relaxed, friendly environment.
Class will cover evidence based information including:
- Stages and phases of labor
- How to prepare physically and mentally for your birth
- Natural coping methods such as relaxation, massage, visualization, water therapy and many others
- Cesarean births, and unexpected outcomes
- Medical pain management options, and making informed choices.
- Plenty of time for questions and discussion
Class Instructor: Paula Norcott CCCE, CLC, LD, PPD. Cost of the Class is $50 payable by cash or check made out to Paula Norcott the first night of the series.
Classes are held three Tuesday evenings 6:00-8:30 p.m., every other month, at Franklin Memorial Hospital in the Bass Room on the first floor. Plan to come a few minutes early to the first class and bring a pen.
2015 Class Calendar
- January 5,12, 19
- March 1,8, 15
- May 3,10, 17
- July 12, 19, 26
- September 6, 13, 20
- November 1, 8, 15
Preregistration is required. Sign up early, Plan to start the classes when you are close to 30 weeks. To register for the classes, contact Paula Norcott at 265-6602 or email@example.com or register online or call the Maternal and Child Unit at 779-2295 .