As a patient you have the right to personal privacy and confidential treatment of all communications and records under the HIPAA Privacy Rule (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
The HIPAA Privacy Rule ensures:
- You have the right to control the use and release of your health records.
- You have a right to expect that healthcare providers and others will protect the privacy of your health information, taking into account public responsibility to disclose some forms of data to protect public health.
- You have the right to receive a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices.
We never sell or share your personal information with outside organizations without your written consent. Here is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
For each visitor to our website, our server records:
- the visitor's domain name, and
- user-specific information on what pages the visitor accesses or views.
Our server does not recognize visitors' e-mail addresses and we do not set any cookies. Cookies refer to unique packets of information that a server can transfer to a visitor's computer.
Site visitors may be asked to give other information, such as a mailing address, a phone number, and credit card information, in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website. It is only shared with organizations in Franklin Community Health Network. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
Your personal information
Site visitors who have provided Franklin Community Health Network with additional information are welcome to contact us at anytime about this information.
Our postal address is:
111 Franklin Health Commons
Farmington, ME 04938
Or you can contact our Community Relations Manager, Jill Gray at email@example.com or by calling (207) 779-2555.
Upon request we provide site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them. This includes:
- financial information (e.g., credit card account information),
- transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases),
- communications that the visitor has directed to our site (e.g., e-mails, customer inquiries),
- contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number), and
- your WebScore profile (e.g., Health risk assessment, etc.).
Visitors can access this information by sending us an e-mail at the above e-mail address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address.
If a site visitor receives an e-mail message from Franklin Community Health Network and no longer wishes to receive these messages, he or she can be removed from the e-mail list by sending us an e-mail at the above e-mail address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address.
If a site visitor supplies us with a postal address he or she may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new healthcare services, upcoming events, and research projects. Names and addresses can be removed from any mailing list by sending us an e-mail at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address. These requests will be processed within two weeks of receipt.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as financial or health information described above, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors through a message on our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. However, we can not guarantee the security of your computing environment. Please be sure to use a secure computer and network connection when you transmit information to us.